Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Things to consider when deciding to move in with an aging parent 4

Does this parent NEED the help of someone living with them full time?

Is the parent infirm in some way?  Do they need care or supervision?

If they really don't,  consider letting them have this time to themselves.

I know one senior whose plans for life and homestead would be seriously compromised if their kids moved in with them.

I know another senior who has benefited and enjoyed having their son and daughter in law live with them.

I  know a family whose dad/granddad refused to come live with them.

I know a family who got along fine together but had separate living spaces.

I really think you need to know yourself well and try to know the parent well enough to know if you can make it work.

Now.  I'm going to write something positive.
If we had not gotten into this situation,  we would not be moving into an amazing house that is basically a dream house for us.  I am very thankful that God has provided this opportunity for us and that we can start fresh.  I need a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment